The Accounts Receivable Specialist will support the credit/collections team by ensuring timely invoicing, payment application, collections, and account reconciliation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including account billing and payment information.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the AR Manager and accounting staff.
- Collaborates with the AR Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists AR Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate teams or departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with both internal and external customers.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Mail resumes to: Highway Two PO Box 68 Olney, IL 62450